Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Coach P is a Grandfather!!!

Future player, Oliver Scott Partenheimer Chesla, at 14 hours
Believe it or not, there are some things more important than soccer, and this is one of them. I am proud to announce that my daughter, Kirsten Partenheimer, gave birth at 1:13 a.m. today (2:13 a.m. Eastern time) to a healthy baby boy in Stillwater, MN: Oliver Chesla, 6 pounds, 13 ounces, 20 inches.

Following report from Dad, Chris Chesla: "Kirsten was admitted to the Labor and Delivery section of the hospital at 7:30 am. Her water was broken and she was progressing nicely until about 2pm. From 2pm until 7pm, there was no significant progress made, so the doctors did everything they could to get the baby to come. At about 11pm, Kirsten started active labor. Kirsten and the hospital staff did everything they could to deliver the baby naturally, but after an hour of hard labor, it was determined that she needed a C-section.The C-section went great and after what seemed like only a few moments Kirsten and I could hear a crying baby. After an initial check of the baby's vitals, I got to go over and hold our little....boy!

"The C-section went great and after what seemed like only a few moments Kirsten and I could hear a crying baby. After an initial check of the baby's vitals, I got to go over and hold our little....boy!

"Kirsten is doing well and actually has dozed off while I have been typing this. She was basically in shock when she saw little Oliver, I believe at one point in the emergency room she actually exclaimed "that came out of me!?" We are both very tired and exhuasted but also in complete happiness that we have a new member to our family."


Photos and details to come, but I have no doubt Oliver will be able to kick with either foot.

No comments:

Post a Comment