Sunday, June 6, 2010

Memories

As part of combining households since the wedding, we are cleaning out rooms, closets and drawers of my house. Just when I thought I had everything, I found some boxes behind a file cabinet in a closet in the den.

One box was full of trophies from random baseball and soccer teams on which my son, Scott, played when we lived in Medford. Most have been long forgotten by me, and probably by Scott. First place at U13 in the 1994 Hamilton Invitational. Second place in a 1995 Select Team Tournament. A championship indoors at Soccer International.

But another box caught my eye. In it were the jerseys Scott wore for the Medford Strikers, including the one in the photo above when they won the State Cup at U14 and played at regionals in Niagara Falls. New Jersey plays a single elimination cup and we won six games, including the final in OT, and had a win and two ties at regionals. Nine games without a loss - a nice run in anyone's book.

1 comment:

  1. A slight correction: the jersey in the photo was made specially for regionals. We wore a separate jersey for the state cup (and regular fall season). Both were in the box, and both are now stored in the basement.

    ReplyDelete