Saturday, September 1, 2012

"She Said Yes, Praise the Lord, Glory Hallelujah!" Congrats to Scott & Stevie

I was in the men's room at P.J. Whelihan's Pub in Haddonfield a week ago Friday when my cellphone rang.  It was my favorite male former soccer player and author of the second best blog on the Web, who happens to be my son, Scott, calling to tell me he and girlfriend Stevie Neale, had gotten engaged down in Florida.

Scott was looking for a song to announce the engagement on Facebook, so he came up with a pretty good one: "She Said Yes," by a British folk rock group known as The Wedding Band, a/k/a Mumford and Sons & Friends.  Read the announcement on Scott's blog.

We celebrated the happy occasion in Ocean City a few nights ago, where sister Kirsten welcomed Stevie to the family.  Looking forward to the wedding in early 2013.

1 comment:

  1. I don't know why I'm frowning in this picture, but thanks for the mention on your blog, the best blog on the internet.

    ReplyDelete