Sunday, January 8, 2017

Close Of The High School Season

The magical 2016 season for Haddonfield High School girls officially ended today with the annual team banquet, a brunch at Tavistock Country Club.

Coach P with Lynn Green (left) and Chris Stanton.
Coach Lori Quintavalle was emotional yet eloquent in describing a team that went 25-2 while outscoring opponents, 86-19 and recording shutouts in more than half (14) of its victories.  The team ran the table in conference play and its only losses were in the semi-finals of the South Jersey Coaches Cup and the final game of the State Cup.  In my remarks I asked the girls to promise me two things: 1) they would continue to get good grades in class; and 2) they would win one more game next season.

This was my 23rd year with the Girls Soccer Booster Club, which I started in Kirsten's sophomore year.  In recent years we've had phenomenal support from the parents and I have been blessed to make a new friend each time a new person took over in charge.  This year was no exception as Chris Stanton and Lynn Green succeeded my good friend Michele Sehdev.  The energy and enthusiasm these ladies put into the program was nothing short of remarkable and it has been a joy working with them - even though they did most of the work.

Already looking forward to the pre-season picnic next August!

No comments:

Post a Comment