Friday, April 22, 2011

JAGS: The Early Returns

So last night I sent out e-mails to 277 schools about the JAGS Tournament. I received 15 error messages - a 5.4% rate, which is better than most years. That may mean there is less turnover in the coaching ranks or simply that somehow I found about some coaching changes since 2010 and updated my mailing list before the initial blast.

At any rate, I sent out the first round at 10:42 p.m. and 10 minutes later I had my first registration: my old buddy, Kevin Davies of Centenary College in Hackettstown, NJ, one of the good guys I look forward to seeing once a year at JAGS. I told him he won the prize for being the first college coach registration of the year and he said he'd take the trip to the Bahamas. Sorry, Kevin - the prize is a trip to Paulsboro.

No comments:

Post a Comment