Sunday, June 15, 2014

Happy Fathers Day

Happy Fathers Day to all the soccer Dads out there, particularly to those from the Strikers' 81-82 team and the Medford Strikers Xtreme, who were so supportive of the team and the coaches over the years.  Many are on sidelines somewhere today, cheering on their sons and daughters.

I'm missing a few soccer dads, who passed away too soon: Ed Schifrin, whose daughter, Sheri, played with Kirsten for the Strikers; Joe Platt, long-time president of the South Jersey Girls Soccer League and whose daughter, Erica, I coached on SJ Select; Mark Haines, whose daughter, Tracy, was a great player for the '81-'82 team; and of course my dear friend, Joe Dadura, father of Kristy, Jen and Kacy, with whom I had the honor and pleasure of coaching for four years.  They are all remembered not only by their daughters, but by all of us who knew them.

Also remembered is my own father, himself a soccer dad when I played in high school and college, and a soccer granddad when Kirsten and Scott played.  He passed away on Halloween in 2001 but is still much remembered.

No comments:

Post a Comment